SonNeoKaku
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest movie seen, yo?

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Latest movie seen, yo? - Page 3 Empty Re: Latest movie seen, yo?

Post by SonNeoKaku Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:55 pm

Saw gravity a while ago. One of the finest movie experiences I've had, and I didn't even see it in imax! It was in 3D, but I'm almost immune to that now thanks to the 3DS.
SonNeoKaku
SonNeoKaku
Admin

http://sonneokaku.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PusoPimp Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:42 am

Just got back from The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug...HOLY SHIT extremely long length and at times weak deviations from the book that try to connect it to The Lord of the Rings aside that was awesome. Man...I hope home video releases can give the same audio effect or at least a similar one to hearing Smaug's voice in theaters...I thought I was gonna piss myself a few times it was so menacing. Hats off the Benedict Cumberbatch and the audio crew there. The Hobbit is a much deeper story than I remember it being, but then again I haven't read it since I was a kid. Man now I can't wait for the last film.
PusoPimp
PusoPimp

Back to top Go down

Post by SonNeoKaku Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:52 pm

Saw the entire Ocean's eleven trilogy a week ago. So much fun. Great casting, too. Pity there won't ever be an Ocean's fourteen.
SonNeoKaku
SonNeoKaku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PusoPimp Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:49 pm

Saw the last 10 minutes of Evangelion 3.0 yesterday. I showed up to the theater so late I can't give an assessment of how good it was (I will say that last scene was absolutely visually stunning, changing animation studios was a wise move on Anno's part) but I did get to see Eva on the big screen for 10 minutes so my life is now partially complete.
PusoPimp
PusoPimp

Back to top Go down

Post by PusoPimp Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:30 pm

Saw Naruto Shippuden: Blood Prison a few days ago....I never thought I'd see a Naruto movie where he gets raped by a prison warden in the first 15 minutes....the whole thing was like a series of "WTF DID THAT SERIOUSLY JUST HAPPEN" moments. Entertaining if nothing else I s'pose.
PusoPimp
PusoPimp

Back to top Go down

Post by PusoPimp Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:33 am

Just got back from The Wind Rises. Probably Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli in general's best film of this century and WOW is it ever a great way for Miyazaki to go out. I stopped to give a little salute when I was walking out if the theaters...now preparing to face palm very hard when it loses the Oscar later today lol.
PusoPimp
PusoPimp

Back to top Go down

Post by PusoPimp Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:37 am

Saw this weird movie called hospitalité for my Japanese class at school....I swear some of the questions they had us answer for it made me laugh so hard I had to show my sis and a friend over skype lol. It's the most epic film I've seen in a long time....for reasons you may not expect. It's like Japan's answer to The Room or something XD. If I knew enough Japanese to be able to judge the acting performances at all I'd have probably laughed to tears lol.
PusoPimp
PusoPimp

Back to top Go down

Post by PusoPimp Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:32 pm

Watched Laputa: Castle in the Sky over the weekend, kinda on a Miyazaki kick lately. Watching Harold and Kumar go to White Castle while typing this. I love this movie but I can feel my IQ dropping slowly right now lol.
PusoPimp
PusoPimp

Back to top Go down

Post by PusoPimp Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:56 pm

Got brave enough to watch Ponyo yesterday...for all the flack it gets I gotta say it's surprisingly.....watchable. That's the best I can say for it though...ON TO HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE!
PusoPimp
PusoPimp

Back to top Go down

Post by PusoPimp Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:30 pm

Finally got around to watching Frozen.......to be honest I thought it started out really good but after the part where Kristoff appears it get's really "cookie cutter" and predictable. I could almost tell the rest of the plot from that alone lol. I guess it was good overall but it was almost so much better.I feel like if it focused on Elsa more than Anna it would have been A LOT MORE INTERESTING.
PusoPimp
PusoPimp

Back to top Go down

Post by SonNeoKaku Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:44 pm

Interrupting PusoPimp's barrage of entries by saying that I saw the last Hobbit flick last month. Man, was it snubbed an oscar for best effects! Not the best movie ever, but one hell of a cinematic experience!
SonNeoKaku
SonNeoKaku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SonNeoKaku Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:29 am

Saw Arthur Christmas a few hours ago. It's been critically acclaimed and is regarded as a modern christmas classic. While not perfect, it's a very good flick. Wouldn't mind seeing it every december. Recommended.
SonNeoKaku
SonNeoKaku
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum